- Effective community participation in the selection and location of projects and programs. All community development projects are community inspired and driven with GEIL providing required support.
- Effective institutional arrangements put in place as provided in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) which sets up two Incorporated Community Trust Funds, one for Ikuru Town and the other for the foursome communities.
- Recruitment of Skilled and non-skilled workers from the host communities
- Regular dialogue between GEIL and the host communities.
- Projects and programs which are beneficial to most members of the community rather than a tiny minority or elite.
- Preference for use of local contractors in contract awards, and
- Mobilization of local hands/manpower in project execution.